Crown or Bridge
"THE WORLD IS BRIGHTER WHEN YOU SMILE"
During your appointment today, one or more of your teeth were prepared for a crown or bridge. A temporary crown was fabricated for each prepared tooth. Temporary crowns are cemented with a temporary dental cement to allow for easy removal at your next appointment. Temporary crowns are of a more universal shape and shade. Your final restoration will be shaped and shaded to match your other teeth in both color and function.
Until your next appointment:
- Whenever anesthesia is used, avoid chewing on your teeth until the numbness has worn off.
- You may experience sensitivity to temperature and pressure, gum soreness and slight discomfort on the tooth. It should subside after the placement of the permanent crown.
- Avoid hard or sticky foods that may dislodge temporary crowns, such as: hard chewy breads, chewy candies, hard crunchy foods.
- Do not bite into foods such as corn on the cob or apples.
- If a temporary crown becomes loose or comes off, try to place it back onto the tooth and call the office to get it cemented.
- Acrylic temporaries can attract more bacterial plaque than natural teeth; therefore it is important to brush normally and return to get the permanent crown placed.
- Mild to moderate discomfort after dental work is common. An over the counter pain reliever/anti-inflammatory is recommended for patients who are able to tolerate them. If discomfort increases, please call the office.
- Remember if the bite feels uneven please call the office so it can be adjusted.
Call our Dental Office in Batavia, IL to find out more about Dental Crowns or to schedule an appointment! (630) 482-7200