Dental Crowns in Batavia, IL
"THE WORLD IS BRIGHTER WHEN YOU SMILE"
During your appointment today, one or more of your teeth were prepared for a crown or bridge. A temporary crown was fabricated for each prepared tooth. Temporary crowns are cemented with a temporary dental cement to allow for easy removal at your next appointment. Temporary crowns are of a more universal shape and shade. Your final restoration will be shaped and shaded to match your other teeth in both color and function.
Until your next appointment:
- Whenever anesthesia is used, avoid chewing on your teeth until the numbness has worn off.
- You may experience sensitivity to temperature and pressure, gum soreness and slight discomfort on the tooth. It should subside after the placement of the permanent crown.
- Avoid hard or sticky foods that may dislodge temporary crowns, such as hard chewy breads, chewy candies, and hard crunchy foods.
- Do not bite into foods such as corn on the cob or apples.
- If a temporary crown becomes loose or comes off, try to place it back onto the tooth and call the office to get it cemented.
- Acrylic temporaries can attract more bacterial plaque than natural teeth; therefore it is important to brush normally and return to get the permanent crown placed.
- Mild to moderate discomfort after dental work is common. An over the counter pain reliever/anti-inflammatory is recommended for patients who are able to tolerate them. If discomfort increases, please call the office.
- Remember if the bite feels uneven please call the office so it can be adjusted.
Call Elliff Dental in Batavia, IL at (630) 482-7200 to find out more about dental crowns or to schedule an appointment!