Your emergency dentists in Batavia, IL, can rescue your smile.
A dental emergency can happen suddenly, without warning. You may be experiencing tooth pain that keeps you from enjoying your day. That’s where your emergency dentist comes in. Emergency dentistry is a service you hope you won’t have to use, but when you have a dental emergency, your dentist can give you peace of mind.
The dentists at Elliff Dental in Batavia, IL, offer comprehensive dental care services, including emergency dental care to rescue your smile.
So, how do you know if you are experiencing a dental emergency? There are some common reasons which include:
- Experiencing an accident involving your face or jaws
- Experiencing a sports injury that involves your face or jaws
- Knocking a tooth loose
- knocking out a tooth completely
- Breaking a tooth
There are also less obvious issues, like these:
- You have tooth pain that increases
- You have chronic tooth pain that never goes away
- Your filling or crown has fallen out
- Your dental bridge has become loose
- Your dental implant has become loose
- You have a white or red bump on your gums next to a tooth root
- You have facial swelling associated with a painful tooth
Your emergency dentist will perform a dental examination, including x-rays to determine the cause of your dental emergency. Once a diagnosis is made, your emergency dentist will discuss treatment options with you so you can decide on the appropriate treatment together.
The first priority for your emergency dentist is to relieve your pain. If you have a dental infection, this may include a prescription for antibiotics. If you are suffering from tooth decay, you may need a filling or a dental crown. If you have a dental abscess, you may need a root canal.
When you have a dental emergency, your dentist is your best friend. To find out more about emergency dental services, talk with the experts. Call your dentists of Elliff Dental in Batavia, IL, at (630) 482-7200 today!